Welcome to our website!
Growing in Christ
Sharing God's Love
Latest News in step 4 of the Roadmap out of Lockdown
We are delighted to be resuming our Sunday Church services this Sunday (1st August) both at 8am and 10am. We are very much looking forward to this and hope you will feel you can come to worship at St Matthew’s once again. You do not need to let me know if you are coming any Sunday - just turn up!
There will be some modifications and changes to what we do, and the 10am service will be slightly shorter, but our services will be much more like how they used to be, and I hope you will experience that as we worship together.
As you come into church please use the hand sanitiser provided and your name will be taken before you are shown to a seat by one of the sidespersons. Masks are to be worn throughout the service, unless you are medically exempt.
We have worked hard to make sure St Matthew’s is as safe as possible for everyone, therefore social distancing will still be in place by using every other pew. We ask that you remain mindful of others as you move around the building.
Our 8am service will be held in the sanctuary, around the High Altar, while for our 10am service will be using the Nave Altar.
A few other points to note:
- Hymn books and service booklets will be in your pews. Please leave them there at the end of the service. Weekly pew sheets will be available to collect as you walk in.
- Please sit in the centre of your pew, not right on the edge by the aisle.
- A churchwarden will indicate to you when to move forward to receive communion at one of the two stations in front of the nave altar. Communion will be in one kind only (the bread). Please move away before removing your mask to eat the bread, and use hand sanitiser before replacing your mask and returning to your seat, following the one direction movement around the building.
- Those who find mobility difficult will have communion brought to them in their pew.
- There will be no collection taken during the service. Please place monies/envelopes in the donation boxes when entering the church.
- We ask that if you would like to light a candle at the votive candle stand you do so at the start or at the end of the service; not directly after receiving communion.
- We will not be sharing the peace physically. Please remain in your pew to wave or ‘sign’ the peace to those around you.
- There will be no tea/coffee after the service for the time being (but we hope we can do this later in the year). Please be mindful of those around you as you make your way out of the church, where you may chat to others outside.
You can view the copy of our updated risk assessment Here.
We are still providing news and updates through our weekly newsletter. So please DO sign-up for it HERE! Finally, you might like to connect with The Church of England's website and all the prayerful support and latest news from the wider Church.
May God, in His wisdom and love, continue to be with each and every one of you during this time - May God bless you all,
Rev. Kate Burgess.
God of Love,
As we think about all that has changed this year,
help us to trust that you are always with us.
As we reach out to others with kindness and care,
may hope shine out in every heart and home. Amen